Villa Catarina Estate, 141 5 1/2 Mile Road,
Cornwall, Litchfield County, Connecticut, US
Villa Catarina Estate, 141 5 1/2 Mile Road, Cornwall, Litchfield County, Connecticut
Villa Catarina Estate is the epitome of gracious living, a beautiful grand home set in 1000 acres of rolling hills in Cornwall and Litchfield County. Italian visitors have likened it to the hills above Florence, and noted its European-style charm. The first impression from the mile-long gated driveway is the beauty of the landscape, a mixture of lush green pastures, mature woodland and flowering fruit orchards. At the top of the hill, visitors find an awe-inspiring vista to the main house. This grand house is built in the style of Andreas Palladio, the famed 16th century Italian architect considered to be one of the most influential individuals in the history of architecture.
The main house comprises 5 bedrooms, 4 full and 3 half bathrooms. Glorious long-range views grace all rooms in the property, with the most stunning vistas to be found from the rear terrace of the house. The front of the house presents a beautifully designed limestone and stucco façade. The spacious and light-filled foyer flows through to the 2-storey hall with 2 circular staircases, and to adjacent entertaining rooms. The kitchen is centrally located to its formal dining room, outdoor dining terrace and informal dining room. Landscaped terraces surround the house, and an Italian-inspired hedged private garden provides seclusion.
Complementing the main house are a gym, custom-built squash court and a clay tennis court in addition to a horse stables and dedicated car collector’s garage. The compound also includes a beautiful 5 bedroom, 3 and a half bath 1860’s Greek Revival farmhouse including guest/staff quarters and an additional converted-barn as a guest/staff home, as well as an 18th century farm house ready for restoration.
This is a highly-sought after private compound designed for luxury living, a mere 2 hours by car from New York City, 40 minutes by helicopter and a private airport is 30 minutes away.
Main House Features
• Year Built 1997
• Heating Radiant – Oil
• Cooling Central Air
• Garage connected to main house – Parking for 8 cars
• 12,373 square foot
• 5 Bedrooms
• 4 full, 3 half bathrooms
• Basement – Gym and Billiard table
• Laundry Room Info: First Floor
Driveway Type: Crushed Stone
Oven/Range, Refrigerator, Gas Range
Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Tile
• Vaulted Ceilings
• Wet Bar
• Stories: 2
• Cable – Available, Security System, Fireplace, Internet – Available, Satellite Dish
• Lot Description: Level Topography, View, Lightly Wooded, Secluded, Horse Property
• Energy Features: Full Screens, Multi Zone Heat, Full Storm Windows, Fireplace Insert, Thermopane Windows
• Appliances included: Dishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Garbage disposal, Microwave, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Trash compactor, Washer Dishwasher, Microwave
• Sewage System: Septic
• Water Source: Private Wells
• Fuel Tank Description: In Ground Tank
• Underground Oil Tank: Yes
• Lot 1,086 acres
• Horse Stable
• Car collector’s garage
• Custom built squash court
• 5 Bedroom, 3.5 bath 1860’s Greek Revival Farmhouse including Guest/Staff Quarters
• Converted-barn Guest/Staff Home
• 18th Century farm house ready for restoration.
• Tennis Court
• Land for a Swimming Pool
• Land for a helipad